Monday, November 14, 2011

Hold On, or He is Answering

Today was interesting. I felt very anxious and was worried that I am not who I need to be, or that I am not who I desperately want to be for me and for others. I felt afraid and I felt distance growing inside me. I prayed and prayed, but it seemed that the help I needed wasn't coming. As I kept going through my day, I did start to feel a little better. But it was later when I really felt the answer I had been craving. There was a church activity planned that I wasn't sure if I would have time to go to because of a work meeting, but I decided to go and just leave a little early. I'm glad I did. There I felt a sweet feeling of comfort, along with a renewal of perspective. Everything really will be ok. I don't need to be afraid. Things will be wonderful.

God answered my prayers. He was actually listening and responding to my prayers all day, but in ways that I didn't recognize or didn't want, or that just needed some time to develop. I wanted immediate responses and assurances, but today He was setting things up for me so I would really learn some valuable truths in ways that would make a true impact on me. I thought He wasn't answering me; in actuality, He was, and more than I realized: He was leading me to people and settings and ideas that would help me find the relief I was looking for. He knew that, today, I needed to be taught in a certain way.  He does know best.

I know that there are times when we must pray and stand up and keep on going without receiving a clear answer or feeling or response. But, I know that God does not ignore us. He is listening and answering. I have learned that God rarely changes our situations immediately; He changes our hearts and our perspectives. Situations may stay the same for a while, but if we can see things clearly, or see them as He sees them, we can be filled with hope that everything will be ok.  

4 comments:

  1. This is what true faith is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post, Eric. It happens to be very applicable to me right now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things will be wonderful. In a very unique way. Unique to you. You are in the exact right place and I love reading about your journey.

    Much love,
    Bekah~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's reassuring to read that I'm not the only one who gets such feelings, and to read your experiences.

    ReplyDelete