Monday, May 6, 2013

Too Hard on Yourself

"If you treated your friends like you treat yourself, would you have any friends?"
-Ragan Lybbert

"We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies."
-Roderick Thorp

"Of all our infirmities, the most savage is to despise our being."
-Michel de Montaigne

"People are crying up the rich and variegated plumage of the peacock, and he is himself blushing at the sight of his ugly feet."
-Sa'Di

"Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults."
-Les Brown

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. This is exactly what I needed!! I was just talking to someone today about learning to love me for me and doing things for myself. This fit right in with our conversation. You are inspired, Eric Hales.

    ReplyDelete